Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bread Machine

For the past several years now, since I got married (so almost 10 years now) I have wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer. It is always on my Christmas list in the number 1 slot. I have yet to get one! This year I also added, slightly lower on the list, a bread machine. My loving mother bought me one this year. I must say I do love it and am getting more use out of it right now than I would a new mixer. I really only need the mixer for the month of December when Christmas baking season hits and the boys birthdays arrive all in the same month. But the bread maker...that is going to be useful all year long.

I must start by saying I do not eat that much bread, well until I got the machine. Bread is evil for the waistline and full of white flour and sugar, 2 very evil things for me. But making your own bread is a wonderful thing and I am enjoying both the making (or at least watching the bread machine make it) and eating it.

My Uncle Ray gave me the bread machine version of my Grandmother's cinnamon buns and they are truly spectacular. I am so happy to have the recipe and be able to make them. It feels like my grandmother is right here with me.  I have also made her butter buns.

I made the boys raisin bread. I am thrilled to find that recipe because the price of a loaf in the stores in almost $5! Crazy.

And last night for New Year's I made a French bread loaf. Yummy!

I have made 2 loafs in the machine and had it bake them too. I am less thrilled with that, I made my grandmother's recipe letting the machine do the first rise and then I do the rest, those turned out best, so I may try more of those kind. Still eating yummy foods...pictures to come.
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment