Monday, May 28, 2012

Dinner

My dinner tonight was yummy. I used what I had in the fridge. I love those kinds of dinners:easy! I made a quinoa salad. I cut up avocado, red onion, tomatoes, green onion, red and orange peppers and mint. I had it in the fridge. (I love mint and is totally under used in my kitchen, so I added it for a wonderful fresh taste) Then I mixed it all together with my standard homemade salad dressing of olive oil, balsamic, lemon and black pepper. Yummy!

I also had a portobello mushroom and yesterday I made homemade pesto (thanks for the recipe, Dorothy) so I marinated the mushroom in oil and balsamic with black pepper then baked it at 425 for 10 mins then I took it out, covered it with the pesto and sprinkled a blend of asiago, parmesean and mozarella cheese and returned it to the oven for another 10 mins. I also sauteed fresh asperagus, my kids even ate that, it was so good.

For dessert I had fresh berries: blackberries, blueberries and raspberries which I topped with almonds. A really great, healthy, satisfying dinner. Eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment