Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holiday Baking



I know that it is early for holiday baking but I am in the mood. I cannot say that the weather is getting colder (although it was colder last week) today was glorious. Sunshine and warm! But I baked anyway. Today I made Raspberry Linzer Cookies from Fine cooking magazine. Well as you can imagine I did not follow the recipe exactly...I never do. I did not have any cloves so I skipped that all together. The only almonds I had were whole and so I crushed them myself with the skin on. I also did not use raspberry jam I had this huge container (from Costco) of acai, raspberry, pomegranate, and cherry jam. This gave the cookies a very distinct flavor. Good recipe, easy to make and kids friendly. Meaning the kids can help do many of the steps! Yummy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment